This page which lists links to websites that I find informative or inspirational. There are also links to useful suppliers.
- USAKnifeMaker: Great source for G10! Wide range and great speedy service.
- Jantz Supply: Great source for a wide range of knifemaking gear, especially good for interesting blade steels and 2x72" abrasive belts
- Knifemaker.ca: Great source of steels, abrasives and heat-treat supplies for canadian knifemakers
- KnifeKits.com: Best range of Kydex materials that I've seen anywhere!
- Alpha Knife Supply: Huge range of blade steels and G10!
- Online Metals: Great source for large & small quantities of tool steel!
Informative and Inspirational sites:
- CNC Zone: Forum for discussion of CNC and manual wood and metal-working machines
- Frets: Lots of neat projects for around the shop
- 5 Bears: A homemade CNC mill, jet engines and more
- Tooling Around: General info on small machine tools
- Home Shop Machinist: A great source of machining information
- Home Model Engine Machinist: Great for information on close-tolerance machining of small parts
- Guerrilla guide to CNC machining, mold making, and resin casting
- How to make a silicon mold
- Machine Shop Tips: More than 80 videos demoing machine shop techniques
- Gough Custom: My YouTube channel
U.S. CNC Suppliers (that ship to Canada & internationally):
- Little Machine Shop: Parts and supplies for small machine tools
- Automation Technologies Inc: Automation components
- Surplus Center: Great source for electric motors and controllers
- Geckodrive: The best stepper controllers I have ever used
- eBay: Don't underestimate how useful eBay can be for materials and tooling!
- SDP/SI: Bearings, Gearing, Belts, Seals, Motors and more
- Roton: Great place for buying leadscrews and ballscrews
Canadian CNC suppliers:
- Applied Industrial Technologies: Bearings, Gearing, Linear motion and more.
- MotionTek: Servo and Stepper drives, Linear rails, pulleys, vacuum motors and couplers!
Toronto & Ontario suppliers:
- McKinnon Metals: Carbon and tool steels, aluminum and brass
- Atlas Machinery: A good selection of tooling, machinery and measurement equipment
- Lee Valley: A surprising number of useful precision tools
- KBC Tools: A huge range of tools, as well as a good supply of steels suitable for knifemaking.
- Bohler/Uddeholm Canada: Supplier of high-end specialty tool steels.