Testing handle attachment methods
Until just recently my main method for attaching handles was a combination of epoxy and peened stainless steel pins. This was a very strong way of attaching the handle scales, but unfortunately the peening process had the tendency to leave craze marks (white rings) in the G10 that surrounded the handle pins.
In order to avoid this and make the process of assembling the handles less stressful (try juggling wet epoxy and a hammer sometime!) I wanted to see if there were any other handle attachment methods that matched the pins for strength.
After doing some research I decided that 'Corby Bolts' looked like a good prospect, so I did some testing using them:
I was very happy with the results of the Corby Bolt test, and will be using them in all my knives going forward.